Reviewing The Situation

So in my quest to spread the word I have been reading things, but mostly I have been getting reader envy.  There are a LOT of willing bloggers out there - people who love to read and love to review. I have sent some of them polite requests to read my book and tell the world what they think and, amazingly, quite a few of them have said that they will.  They can't promise it will happen any time soon (these guys are popular), but it will hopefully happen.

This business of reviews... I knew it was out there.  I have added my own two-penneth to Amazon products or GoodReads books in the past.  But I had no idea how in demand bloggers book reviews were. So in demand, it turns out, that there are "Review Policy" tabs, telling you what criteria your book has to meet in order to make it to the "to read and review" pile. Wow. These bloggers are word machines, sucking them in and then churning them out.

As you can tell, I'm impressed.  I'm also jealous.  I wish I could find the time to read this many books.  One blogger has a target of 154 books to read this year, as part of her Goodreads 213 Reading Challenge goal.  (I have a measly 24 to read, on the basis that I might actually make it through two books a month.  And even then I'm behind schedule).  So I'm thinking I need to read more.  But somehow I also have to find the time to write more.

Gah.  Can I have a magic sand timer please?

Meanwhile here's a blog or three for you to follow:

http://lauralovelockbookreviews.wordpress.com/
http://rachaelrippon.blogspot.co.uk/
http://waggingthefox.blogspot.co.uk/

Oh and I have signed up for the 24-hour-read-a-thon on the 12th October.  It is here; won't you join me?

Comments